Community meeting to generate constitution in Namosing and Dale villages in Namosing parish
This was a community meeting purposed to generate a constitution on land matters. The meeting had the team from LEMU and the sub-county introduce themselves and the community members would introduce themselves while making their remarks since the number was big to do an individual introduction which would take much time
Communication from LEMU
The LEMU staff thanked the community for turning up and proceeded to give the communication of the purpose of the meeting. One of the reasons for the meeting was to come up with rules that will be binding for the protection of the grazing land.
Permitted activities within the grazing land
- The burning of grass was allowed in order for the fresh grass to grow that animals can feed on.
- Grazing of animals in the grazing land was allowed
- Put temporal settlements while taking care of the animals and after migration destroy
Prohibited activities within the grazing land
- No going against the decision of the elders.
- Owning individual land not allowed
- No settling within the grassing filed
- Putting wide roads not allowed
- Disrespect to the elders rule attracts the killing of the bull
- Beating was previously done but not now
- Chasing someone out of the community if he/she persists if someone settles in the grazing area
- Making local brew if it’s a she who has committed an offence
Would you like to share your thoughts?
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *